Wayne has over 25 years of industry experience. He’s a 1991 graduate of Auburn University, and began his career in sales with Nichols Concrete Pumping in Birmingham, Alabama. He was responsible for six locations: Birmingham, Huntsville, and Mobile, Alabama along with Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Memphis Tennessee. After five years with Nichols Concrete, he took a position with Steel City Erection and Crane Rental as their Birmingham fleet manager. While at Steel City, he managed a fleet of 60 cranes with 40 support vehicles and 100 union employees conducting services in 46 states.
In 1997, he accepted a position with Schwing America, Inc. in Dallas, Texas as their Southwest Sales Representative. In four years, he sold 260 concrete pumps in Texas and New Mexico. During that time, he received extensive sales and financial experience while selling and delivering capital intensive equipment. In November 2000, he purchased Cherokee Pumping, Inc.
Wayne has been or is currently involved with the following organizations:
- Auburn Football Letterman’s Club Board of Directors
- Auburn University Building Science Department Industry Advisory Council (Chairperson)
- Treasurer of the Atlanta Area Auburn Building Science Association (2003-2009)
- American Concrete Pumping Association Board of Directors (Vice President)
- Schwing America Customer Advisory Council
- Member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME 30.27) Committee
- 2010 McWhorter School of Building Science Distinguished Service Award Winner at Auburn University.